The Wrong Planet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Wrong Planet

- Central Oregon's Meet People Forum -

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Fishing Spots
by LiztheD Sun May 24, 2009 10:39 pm

» The Wrong Planet and Big Changes
by CorsePerVita Mon May 04, 2009 8:59 pm

» The weekend!!!
by LiztheD Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:46 pm

» New York Sub Shop in Redmond
by Zekefrombend Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:00 pm

» Fuel prices
by Zekefrombend Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm

» Merry Christmas!!!!
by whodamawhatcha Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:37 pm

» The "G1" phone
by CorsePerVita Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 am

» So yeah, I'm new here
by CorsePerVita Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:42 pm

» "bitch, you stole my money!"
by T.Province Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:16 pm

» Signed in
by CorsePerVita Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:24 am

» BLACK FRIDAY!!!
by T.Province Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:10 pm

» Fresh Out of the Oven.
by LiztheD Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 am

» New Sonics in Bend
by T.Province Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 am

» Anyone sick of the craigslist train of thought?
by CorsePerVita Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

» Howdy
by CorsePerVita Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:58 pm

» Be Sure TO Update Your Profiles!
by Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:23 pm

» The scam that is Health Insurance
by LiztheD Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 pm

» Racing for a prez......?
by Zekefrombend Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 am

+2
LiztheD
Admin
6 posters

What is wrong with teens these days....

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2008-03-30

What is wrong with teens these days.... Empty What is wrong with teens these days....

Post by Admin Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Discuss!
    LiztheD
    LiztheD
    Master Chef

Female Number of posts : 391
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

What is wrong with teens these days.... Empty Re: What is wrong with teens these days....

Post by LiztheD Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:36 am

I think they thought this out and made this pact so they could be on welfare and never have to work again! Laughing Hey my "Aunt" Rita did it, she ended up crapping out ten kids that lived and became a welfare prostitute. Maybe we should start giving girls an IUD at puberty so they can't get preg without a doctor involved. Or perhaps parents should step up and actually take control of their childs lives before they become this out of control! Then again that is way too hard to do! Laughing
    InfiniteReality
    InfiniteReality
    Gold Member

Female Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

What is wrong with teens these days.... Empty Re: What is wrong with teens these days....

Post by InfiniteReality Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 am

I think the real question here is what is wrong with parents? It seems to me many parents don't want to bother parenting their children because it takes actual work and patience. It seems a lot of parents are unwilling to talk to their children about pretty much anything including how to grow up to be a valuable part of society. Many parents don't bother to teach their kids on a regular and consistent basis the difference between right and wrong and that the choices they make have lasting impacts not only on their lives, but on the lives of everyone around them.

It also seems many parents give up when it gets really hard to parent, especially when their kids reach puberty. And that is when kids (teens) need their parents the most.

With all that said, I am acutely aware of the fact that many parents do try really hard and don't give up on their kids when it gets tough, but they still have teens who are out of control. Society has led us to believe personal responsibility has gone by the way of the dodo and everyone just needs to be in it for themselves. Our society is teaching our youth that it really doesn't matter what you do, just keep looking out for yourself and your own selfish needs and everyone else with take care of themselves.

Not to mention the fact that sexual education needs to be taught in a realistic manner in school because so many parents are not willing to broach that subject with their kids either.

Those kids are looking for some kind of acceptance and belonging. They are desperate for unconditional love, the kind of love they think a baby will give them. It's too damn bad they never got those emotional needs met by their parents. Too damn bad.
    Zekefrombend
    Zekefrombend
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 349

Post by Zekefrombend Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:41 am

I agree with you infinatereality!

Parents don't do there job most off the time. Plus I feel it is part of the schools fault also. When you teach that "It takes a village" crap then this is the result. I could go on & on about how the "liberal" thought process is bad. But, I know it isall part of a plan.
    Augie
    Augie
    I was here FIRST

Female Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2008-04-23

Post by Augie Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Im 23 and I don't have a kid right now, but we do need to be on the look out that more kids dont start do it. It needs to stop now and the parents need to talk to the kinds about sex and what it involvse so the kids know it is not a walk in the park it is hard times. Money is getting harder to come by. We the taxpayers shouldn't have to be paying for thier stupidity!
    Suspect
    Suspect

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by Suspect Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:28 am

I do agree with infinetreality to some degree, but my belief is that this goes much deeper than this generation of parents. Here in America life gets more and more hecktic. I Believe that most of the reasons can be boiled down to greed. It used to be that the american dream, was to own your own land, have a white-picket fence, drive a payed for nice car, and a secure future for family and future adults. But somewhere in all of that, having one house, one or two cars, and security, no longer is enough. Keeping up with the jones, became more important. So we've mortgaged our homes, bought more and more stuff, and sold our security. That is our new learned american dream. But someone somewhere ends up paying for that get now, pay later scheme. A typical two parent household, like I have, has to have two full-time jobs. And barely (if i can even say that) make it. When i get home, i'm beat. When my wife gets home she's beat. The kids get wired into their games, and we get a very limited amount of time to decompress, at the same time making dinner. Two hours together, and then its time for all of us to hit the hay. That is reality. We have never tried to keep up with the jones'es. But because alot of people have and can't pay their bills, we may have well done the same things. We all get the punishment for this, regardless. Where do the kids fall in all of this, you ask? If you don't spend a fair amount of quality time with your kids bad thing are inevetable. So we can focus on individual kids parents, but that is an incorrect thing to do. Our parents, and there parents are sharing in this blame. It is a societal problem. More and more work, for less, and less pay, for dollars that continue to lose value. Inflation going up? It amounts to less and less time with our kids. You could say that we sold our kids, for stuff.
    InfiniteReality
    InfiniteReality
    Gold Member

Female Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by InfiniteReality Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:00 pm

I think greed definitely gets in the way of quality time with your kids. Sometimes my daughter complains that she doesn't have as much this or that as some of her friends, but when I tell her in order for us to have those things I'd have to work a helluva lot more, she says, "oh, never mind, I like spending time with you more." She sees that her friends might have fancy things to play with, but no parents around to play with.

Stuff is never a good substitute for time. People can always find a way to get "stuff." But there will always only be 24 hours in a day.
    Suspect
    Suspect

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by Suspect Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:01 am

It sounds great to be able to have that kind of a conversation with your kids and that they get it, but the vast majority can not do that. There really is no choice. When people are defaulting on there home loans, it drives prices up. When they don't pay there bills it drives prices up. And finally when people steal, it drives prices up. And all of these things are happening at an increased rate. When you throw in the price of fuel, and energy rates high, there is no choice for people. Everything goes up, but the pay for everyday workers. So while it may have been "stuff" in the begining, its now just survival.
    LiztheD
    LiztheD
    Master Chef

Female Number of posts : 391

Post by LiztheD Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 pm

I read in the paper that these teens now say that they did'nt actually plan to do this but the principal made it all up to account for the latest rise in pregnancy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:02 am