» Signed in
by CorsePerVita Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:24 am

» BLACK FRIDAY!!!
by T.Province Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:10 pm

» Fresh Out of the Oven.
by LiztheD Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 am

» New Sonics in Bend
by T.Province Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 am

» Anyone sick of the craigslist train of thought?
by CorsePerVita Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

» Howdy
by CorsePerVita Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:58 pm

» Be Sure TO Update Your Profiles!
by Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:23 pm

» The scam that is Health Insurance
by LiztheD Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 pm

» Racing for a prez......?
by Zekefrombend Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 am

"bitch, you stole my money!"

CorsePerVita
    CorsePerVita

Male Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

default "bitch, you stole my money!"

Post by CorsePerVita on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:46 pm

So today my phone finally gave out. It quite literally killed most the contacts in my phone book, the speaker broke and it can only operate sometimes and only on speakerphone.

I called up t-mobile and thought "I really want that g-phone from google." and ordered it.

I am very proactive about managing my finances and placed a credit card payment for the entire cost of the phone AND current balance, just to be nice and get it out of the way so i don't have to sweat it next month.

I check my bank to see if it cleared and low and behold there is a charge from a pizza hut in louisville kentucky. "Hmmmm" i thought. "I don't recall being in kentucky, and ordering pizza. That's a shitload of pizza ($46.07 worth).

Then it came to me. The only time i had given out my card info was today, over the phone. Everything is on autopay through my CHECKING NUMBERS, the purchase showed the pin ending in my card, and, to top it off... it was within 30 minutes of me calling to make a payment.
    The only other time i released my card info over the phone was to pay my gas bill in OREGON.

I called up my bank, canceled the card, called fraud, reversed charges, explained situation.

After further research, i found out t-mobile DOES outsource in kentucky hiring for seasonal jobs. I called the louisville kentucky pizza hut and they said a few people had made deliveries there... but couldn't recall the time and wouldn't give out the info and referred me to corporate headquarters, whom said they would review the situation and call me back and also gave me the district manager's number who is calling me back tomorrow.

"AHA!" i thought, so that confirms, we have a place of business.

I called t-mobile, asked for a supervisor, told them what was up, my suspicions, the time it happened, exact charges, how it coincided with the time i gave out my card and place of business, location, and relation it had to it and they filed an internal ticket.

I chatted with t-mobile to give them the side of the story so they had a record.

I then emailed t-mobile with correspondence letting them know i am keeping records of all correspondence i have with them and letting them know they need to take immediate action or i will climb higher up the chain and will bring means necessary to ensure it is properly resolved and investigated.

In the end I'm not liable for the charges, however, i will have someone's job.

Bitch, hope the free pizza was worth it, cause it's costing you your JOB!
    whodamawhatcha
    whodamawhatcha
    Silver Member

Male Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2008-03-30

default Re: "bitch, you stole my money!"

Post by whodamawhatcha on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:02 pm

This is why I use cash whenever I can!

I don't like giving out my Credit Card info when I don't have to. I.D. Theft is at an all time high right now with the economy the way it is!

People are constantly looking for free money and it looks like someone may have targeted you!

I'm glad your bank is taking care of things, it could have been a lot worse
    !
    CorsePerVita
    CorsePerVita

Post by CorsePerVita on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:58 am

I agree. I have a police report and t-mobile is investigating. I really really hope I find out what happened.

I talked more with some people at t-mobile today. I said if they come to the conclusion it wasn't their employee, so be it, however, the things falling into place seem too far closely related to be a coincidence.

Either way they are looking into it now and so is my bank as well as a police report filed and pizza hut is trying to figure out who placed the order.
    CorsePerVita
    CorsePerVita

Post by CorsePerVita on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:54 am

Well.... crazy update. Since then i have managed to get in contact with their corporate offices. Their investigation team internally (known as risk assessment team) has been dealing with it, they won't tell me the findings but i was told they "contacted the call center in that area" (confirming my suspicions) which is outsourced.... it's in their court now. i did file an fcc and bbb complaint, which got me on their radar and they actually contacted me shortly after, and since, the have finally followed up. They wont' share the findings as employee records are confidential, but said they take allegations of employee misconduct very seriously and it will be dealt with.

Pisses me off that I had to file a bbb and fcc complaint, email their ceo and call their corporate offices to have it taken seriously.

Their corporate offices seemed to understand it was the principal of the matter, and the fact that the person would be a risk and liability to their company, yet their reps didn't seem to give a rat's ass like 'Oh it was just a pizza order' like someone stealing was no big deal.

Ball is in their court now.
    Dylan
    Dylan

Male Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2008-12-20

Post by Dylan on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Haha!
    That better have been one helluva pizza!
    whodamawhatcha
    whodamawhatcha
    Silver Member

Male Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2008-03-30

Post by whodamawhatcha on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:38 pm

lol I picture pizza with gold flecks in it like that $1000.00 Brownie in New York! That's Nuts!
    T.Province
    T.Province
    Lost in California

Female Number of posts : 81

Post by T.Province on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Oh yeah, I heard about that brownie on the Food Network awhile ago. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:06 pm