The Wrong Planet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Wrong Planet

- Central Oregon's Meet People Forum -

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Fishing Spots
by LiztheD Sun May 24, 2009 10:39 pm

» The Wrong Planet and Big Changes
by CorsePerVita Mon May 04, 2009 8:59 pm

» The weekend!!!
by LiztheD Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:46 pm

» New York Sub Shop in Redmond
by Zekefrombend Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:00 pm

» Fuel prices
by Zekefrombend Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm

» Merry Christmas!!!!
by whodamawhatcha Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:37 pm

» The "G1" phone
by CorsePerVita Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 am

» So yeah, I'm new here
by CorsePerVita Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:42 pm

» "bitch, you stole my money!"
by T.Province Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:16 pm

» Signed in
by CorsePerVita Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:24 am

» BLACK FRIDAY!!!
by T.Province Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:10 pm

» Fresh Out of the Oven.
by LiztheD Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 am

» New Sonics in Bend
by T.Province Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 am

» Anyone sick of the craigslist train of thought?
by CorsePerVita Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

» Howdy
by CorsePerVita Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:58 pm

» Be Sure TO Update Your Profiles!
by Admin Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:23 pm

» The scam that is Health Insurance
by LiztheD Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 pm

» Racing for a prez......?
by Zekefrombend Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 am

5 posters

The only thing we have to fear is.......

Johnnynoname
    Johnnynoname

Male Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

The only thing we have to fear is....... Empty The only thing we have to fear is.......

Post by Johnnynoname Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:27 pm

Is it fear itself? If it was only that simple. I have many fears, from doing the best job i can with child-rearing in the midst of my children learning how to do things differently from other kids, parents, authority figures...ect. All the way to what kind of world have we created for us, and the generations to come. Anyways that is just the begining to this thread, will post more later. Its time to put the big boy pants on and suck it up.
    Zekefrombend
    Zekefrombend
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

The only thing we have to fear is....... Empty Re: The only thing we have to fear is.......

Post by Zekefrombend Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

GLENN BECK! He's funny.
    InfiniteReality
    InfiniteReality
    Gold Member

Female Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

The only thing we have to fear is....... Empty Re: The only thing we have to fear is.......

Post by InfiniteReality Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 pm

I have lots of fears, too. My fear of failure is huge. Failure at home with the kiddo, failure at work with my career, failure with my relationships (friends, family, etc.).

Sometimes I'm simply afraid that I'm not good enough. Good enough for what, I don't know exactly, but I'm afraid to figure that out!

I think one of the big keys is to not let fear rule your actions. Just because I am afraid doesn't mean I don't keep trying. It's even more reason to try harder.
    Zekefrombend
    Zekefrombend
    Elite Member

Post by Zekefrombend Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:49 am

Well, one of my real fears is hights! I freez up. I'm all right uo to a piont. In a plain I am fine. Don't like to drive in high places as if the car will "take control" and go off o cliff lol!

Other than that my most recent fear is being alone until I die. I know in time I will find some one but it is still there sometimes.

maybe being homeless is another one. I feel sorry for those that are.

But no matter what you have to keep moveing foward in life.
    Suspect
    Suspect

Number of posts : 45

Post by Suspect Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:01 am

Fear is one of those things that, naturally, everyone hates. But it is also one of the greatest motivators, and the bodies safety mechanism, to ward off potential threats. It can keep you up at night, and make small things that are on the periphery to the actual cause of the stress, seem far bigger than they actually are. Never-the-less it is natural, and it is nescesary. If its keeping you up at night, then it is something that needs to be resolved, and your body is telling you soon.
    LiztheD
    LiztheD
    Master Chef

Female Number of posts : 391

Post by LiztheD Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:09 pm

I didn't really know what fear was until I had my son. I fear for his safety, I fear for him to be rejected in school like I was, I fear I am not doing all that I should for him, oh! But I know that I am a good mom and love him with all my heart.
    That said I have a real strong fear of death, not nessisarily dying but beyond. I have grown up in the church and though I believe in God I am quite jaded about church. The answers I got there did not satisfy me and my brain so I am fearful of non-existance. If we died and were able to travel the galaxy looking, I would be so content as a purely astral being, however we don't know and that is my biggest fear.
    Also I am a like mind with Zeke heights are a stuttering point for me, not the fall just the sudden stop at the bottom. Not much else scares me, I grew up with snakes and bugs and lizards, used to ride horses, cows, and pigs. Have shot guns and been in fights. Gotten stitches so blood doesn't faze me. Pretty much "Been there done that".
    Zekefrombend
    Zekefrombend
    Elite Member

Post by Zekefrombend Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:45 am

Liz...Being Jaded about church is alright. Heck I bet Jesus is jaded by some churches! When you where going to church did you ever read your Bible? Did you ever ask Jesus in your heart? If not then it would be hard to understand spiritual things.

now, Jesus did say that those who seek will find, knock will be open. I know it has been true in my life. Just remember that it is a relationship with the Most High that is important! Not all the "rules and dogma" of religion!

Blood does "faze" me...I don't like any bodily stuff like that. Which is why I don't work in a hospital Very Happy
    Johnnynoname
    Johnnynoname

Post by Johnnynoname Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:37 pm

One of my biggest fears right now is the economy. We have had it so good here in the U.S. that we have forgotten how we got here. When we ship all the manufacturing type jobs out of country, not only does it cost jobs for people, but experience will not be gained for the up and coming kids. With prices of everything sky-rocketing i just wonder at what point do we cross that line of no return. You see people in other countries rioting because of high food prices, and low paying jobs, but the politicians don't have any anwsers. And they aren't even trying. I just wonder if they have already done the math, and realize that there are answers, but not the kind that they can share, for fear of roits and total chaos right now when we the citizens still have some strength. Its not like i have'nt seen these storm clouds a brewen' for some time now, its just that we in this country have gone quite a long time now without seeing poverty up close. I've see pictures of americans in the great depression standing in food lines, looking alot like the jews during the holocaust. But we aren't prepared here for the after math of total economic collapse. And that can be scary.
    InfiniteReality
    InfiniteReality
    Gold Member

Female Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Post by InfiniteReality Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Zekefrombend wrote:
    Did you ever ask Jesus in your heart? If not then it would be hard to understand spiritual things.

I couldn't disagree more. I feel I have a very good understanding of 'spiritual things' and as far as Jesus goes he is just part of a story book if you ask me.

I, like Liz, have a lot of fears that surround my daughter. Especially fear for her safety. I definitely became more 'afraid' in general after becoming a parent.

I'm also really hearing Johnnynoname and fear the state of our economy, big time! I think that between the gas prices, devastating flooding, and the looming water shortages our earth will come to deal with, I think food will be scarce eventually. I worry if I will be one of the lucky ones to be able to afford such luxuries as milk, rice, or certain fruits and vegetables. I think ten years from now we are going to be in a much different state than we are now. The future definitely scares me.
    Suspect
    Suspect

Post by Suspect Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:34 pm

I don't know how much stock i would put into this thought, but here recently across the west and even here in bend you see the animals having to search for food closer to populated areas. Even attacking and in some case killing kids. It kind of makes you wonder if the animals are telling us something. I mean if you saw a stampede of animals rushing away from something, you would probably run too. They can sense fires from long distances, and even earthquakes. But the point i hope that i am making is that if they are having to search for food in areas that their own instict tells them is dangerous, what should we be learning from them??
    LiztheD
    LiztheD
    Master Chef

Post by LiztheD Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:39 pm

I do not fear the future, I long for it. I have already started on my path of self sufficience with my chickens and my gardening ability. When we rebuild or renew our house we are going to install solar panels and possibly a wind turbine of my design to help offset the cost of electricity.

Eventually I will patent my bio-tech implants and will make a killing in the prosthetic industry thereby ensuring I will be able to afford the island we want and zombie proof it.

Only mostly kidding about zombies, you know how the Bible says about the end times and the dead in Christ will rise first, well I'll be waiting. pale
    Zekefrombend
    Zekefrombend
    Elite Member

Post by Zekefrombend Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:02 am

Funny Liz...Zombie christians lol!

I always just take it day by day. But I do get concerned for the future sometimes. Mainly though I get exceited! It's great to be alive in this time.

Thing I need to get a new key board.....keeps sticking. Tried to clean it, must not have done a good job?
    Johnnynoname
    Johnnynoname

Post by Johnnynoname Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:44 am

Speaking of animals, i just read today that a black bear attacked a woman in sandy. The northwest cable news network said that the bear was feeding in a trash bin, when the woman startled the bear. It said that the bear took one stride and was on the woman. I guess they move pretty quickly.

One thing i know for sure, listening to the so-called experts, on really any topic, but more importantly, topics on the economic problems is not the best way to get to the truth. How long did it take them to decide that we are in a rescession? I think they still stay away from that word, and instead call it an economic downturn. And the reason is to limit the spread of panic. Which is understandable on one hand, but also misleading on the other. We couldn't have everyone preparing for disaster at one time right now. We have to let those with all the money in the world to prepare first, and then it will be our turn...whoops that would be too late. You see all these big companies that are heading to finacial ruin, or are already there, paying out hundreds of millions of dollars to ceo's, when they know their companies are ruined so its not like this doesn't happen. You hear people talking about it, and then other people standing up and calling those who are saying that there is a problem "chicken-little". Oh chicken-little the sky is not falling...blah, blah, blah. But either they are blindly leaning on their last good leg, or they are purposefully trying to mislead. Either way it is scary times. These are reasons why the rich stay rich, and the poor get poorer.
    Suspect
    Suspect

Post by Suspect Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 pm

More bad news today as not only did the stock market have a tough day, but the second-largest federal takeover of a bank ever happened today? How many bigtime companies can loose billions in months and we all stay afloat? They say shit rolls down hill, but how fast will it be rolling? And what can stop it? Alot of historians point to war as a real money-maker, and with the resent rhetoric with Iran, getting louder and louder, it has the looks of a really rough ride. I hope everyone is paying attention to all of this, because our lives may depend on how well we are prepared for this.
    Zekefrombend
    Zekefrombend
    Elite Member

Post by Zekefrombend Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:35 pm

YEA! A good war in the middle east is what we need....read about that someplace????

Better "get ready"
    Johnnynoname
    Johnnynoname

Post by Johnnynoname Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:49 am

An Abc news anchor was talking to a economist the other day and asked if freddy mac and fannie may were to collapse (like indymac did) what would the situation be like. And the guy said that we would go from a recsesion to a depression over night. CNN and fox news both say that both of these companies are skating on thin ice......it looks like it may be too late to prepare, but every precaution will help your family.
    Suspect
    Suspect

Post by Suspect Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:56 pm

To respond to zeak, yes, its been talked about, on every network, including OPB. It is a large piece of the pie you might say, as to why we pay so much for gas. Now you may think that because you don't drive everywhere, and ride your bike, that you are not going to feel this pinch. But everything will be affected. Your employer, may be the first to let you know about it with a pink slip. Then, without a job, (and jobs are hard to come by) you notice milk, eggs anything trucked, skyrocket beyond your wildest dreams. Now i know that you have at least a little soft spot in your heart for the homeless, as do i, but it sucks. And i have been there. If you think it sucks not getting a job at that point, with a home, with a place to charge your phone, cook your meals, take a private dump, wait until you lose those things. Getting a job at that point, or even being treated with any modicum of respect is nearly impossible. I may be the only person i know of that has climbed over that hill. (That i know of.) Just saying be prepared, and at this point, prayer is good, but ,and this is important, don't just throw your wishes skyward, focus on awareness and preparation. Don't be on the outside of the ark.
    Suspect
    Suspect

Post by Suspect Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 pm

This is a crazy world.
    LiztheD
    LiztheD
    Master Chef

Post by LiztheD Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:56 pm

I've been homeless and unemployed so now I have learned not to live outside my means and to budget. I know to many that is a foreign word budget, but we all need to learn it. Do you really need that new widget that cost X amount of dollars or is it going to be used for a week and forgotten?

I just think we need to look and rethink what is really important in our lives, keeping up with the Jonses is just stupid, wasting money to look good is still wasting money. I personally would love to get the new I-phone but ya know, it's not worth it my current phone does just fine, now if I had a really important job that might be another story. Twisted Evil For me the most important thing is my family and my friends and how they are doing not the latest fad and spending money.
    Johnnynoname
    Johnnynoname

Post by Johnnynoname Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Kayo's shut down yesterday. Tum-alum lumber in redmond is closing, after 110 yrs. Someone on CL said gregs bar&grill is closing....I just lost my job...Its really not looking good right now. I think brightwood lumber was in business for close to 100 yrs. And these politicians continue to blow smoke up our asses like they think we are asking for that kind of response. They are cowards, who are way too used to rhetoric, and spin. Not substance, and honest, sincere effort. Down with them all.
    LiztheD
    LiztheD
    Master Chef

Post by LiztheD Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 pm

The best thing is to not get into debt in the first place. Sure home loans and car loans are important but 3000 dollars of just crap? Do you really need that 400$ suit/coat/shoes when a cheaper pair will do just as good?

My mom just bought a Victory motorcycle the other day for 22,000$ and I think she's kinda retarded, she has a Virago she hardly uses and now another that puts her in debt that she won't drive. Budget your money people and you'll be OK. As for Johnny no name I'm sorry you lost your job I don't have one either so good luck looking, and money isn't everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am